The Center for Freedom and Justice now receives year-round applications for internships in Beit Ummar. This position gives young academics or professionals the opportunity to acquire first hand experience in working with an NGO in the field(s) of sustainable and agricultural development, international law, and human rights. In addition, interns at our organization gain a wider understanding of the realities on the ground in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, with a specific focus on the legal challenges that face Palestinian NGO’s and communities.
- Drafting legal reports and reviews about the Center’s projects.
- Assisting the organization with legal procedures, such as keeping track of court cases and cooperating with the organization’s legal team.
- Participating in field actions and the implementation of sustainable development projects.
Qualifications and skills
- Holder of a Bachelors degree in civil or international law.
- Strong cooperative skills.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and to work in a multicultural setting.
- Knowledge of Arabic and Hebrew is an asset, but by no means necessary. Knowledge of French is very valuable.
- Proficient in computer use, knowledge of MS Word.
- Commitment to human rights, international law, and non-violence.
Internships last at least three months. For a minimum compensation, the organization provides housing for its interns in Beit Ummar. The accommodation has gender-separate bedrooms. The facilities include good Internet access.
How to apply